Glamorous and progressive, the Vision Mercedes‑Maybach 6 Cabriolet concept is an open‑air revelation, exemplifying the idea of “automotive haute couture.”
Powered by a four‑motor, all‑electric, all‑wheel‑drive system, it delivers a combined output of 750 horsepower and accelerates from 0‑60 in under four seconds. Even more impressive is the estimated 200‑mile range and the quick‑charge function that adds over 60 miles in just five minutes of charging.
While this allows for an impressive ride, the exterior design provides the initial moment of awe. At almost 20 feet in length, the cabriolet evokes classic proportions or art deco design. From the elongated hood to the rounded “boat tail” that recalls the shape of a luxury yacht, every aspect flows seamlessly into the next. It´s capped off by unique appointments like the rose‑gold center lock on the 24″ wheels and the vertical grill inspired by a pinstriped suit.
Meanwhile, the 360o interior lounge perfectly weaves intelligence and emotion. A lavish, quilted crystal white leather yields to the open‑pore wood floor with inlaid aluminum, and the continuous glass display fuses digital technology with old‑world analog elements. Two head‑up displays, a voice‑activated concierge and biometric sensors bring luxury to its totality.
The Vision Mercedes‑Maybach 6 Cabriolet is a refreshing new take on the future of automotive design and the future of driving as a whole.
- Four 550-kW (combined) electric motors with a total output of 750 hp
- Estimated range of over 200 miles, with a quick-charge function that adds 60 more miles in just five minutes of charging
- 24″ light-alloy wheels
- Rear diffuser with aluminum frame
- Custom-made fabric top with interwoven rose gold threads
- Quilted, crystal white nappa leather interior
- Transparent center tunnel with blue fiber optics
- Continuous digital display and twin head-up displays
- Voice-activated concierge function
- Biometric sensors that record the health and state-of-mind of passengers
Report by mbusa.com